Section 1: Economic development
Economic and social development-sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
- Indian economy and issues relating to
- Mobilization of resources
- Growth and development
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government budgeting.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Railways etc.
- Investment models.
Section 2: Agriculture
- Major crops-cropping patterns in various parts of the country
- Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems
- Storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints;
- E-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices
- Public distribution system
- Objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping
- Issues of buffer stocks and food security
- Technology missions
- Economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India
- Scope and significance
- Upstream and downstream requirements
- Supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
Section 3: Science and technology
- Science and technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology.
- Indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of
- Biotechnology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
Section 4: Environment and Disaster management
General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change – that do not require subject specialization.
- Environmental pollution and degradation
- Environmental impact assessment.
Disaster and disaster management
Section 5: Internal security
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks
- Role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges
- Basics of cyber security
- Money laundering and its prevention.
- Security challenges and their management in border areas
- Linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
- Various security forces and agencies and their mandate.