“A Marathon is not won by a speed racer but the one who maintains a sustainable pace throughout the race”
UPSC Civil Services examination is a marathon requiring a sustained preparation, which is enabled by a proper course. The current market method of learning, wherein students are rammed into the process of learning with unreasonable and exaggerated targets, is creating an undue urgency among the students. In this mad rush students and institutes are relying on shortcuts which are backfiring in every manner and harming the preparation of a Civil Service aspirant.
These Shortcuts are typically emerging from the Institute’s attitude to get rid of the students, who are associated with them, as early as possible. In such a scenario, students are forced to give preference to shortcuts instead of treading the path of concept-based learning.
Concept-based learning is the surest way to success and the Civil Services Mains Examination, 2019 has given a clarion call again.
Manifest IAS has always broken the market moulds and continuing with the tradition, we are coming up with a 20 Months-long IAG (Instruction, Assessment and Guidance) course. This course is an outcome of a wise and in-depth understanding of the demands of UPSC and the capabilities and limitations of a newcomer in the exam.
Typically, students without any exposure to the exam, attend the coaching classes and before they get a grip over the exam, their classes will be finished and with it the tests and guidance too. But a student needs tests and guidance even after the classroom coaching is finished. This makes the students to join a test series once more. This is creating a disjuncture between the components of Instruction, Assessment and Guidance. This disjuncture is unhealthy for an aspirant and will create hurdles in their preparation and hence will remain unrealistic. Besides, owing to the nature of the exam students many a times are unable to crack in their very first attempt. And this failure is not due to their inability but a small slip here and there which can be easily corrected in the upcoming attempt with a small help from the institution. It is done by the continued guidance and assessment, which Manifest IAS promises to fulfill and help students to strike back.
Working professionals and college students are often tied up in various commitments and try hard to catch up with their dreams of becoming an IAS officer. In this light, this course is an unique blend of classes and tests to suit all needs of the examination and also the schedule is suited for such candidates through evening and weekend classes. Tests can be taken up according to the convenience of candidates on our online portal for both Prelims and Mains. The guidance component is also technology mediated which helps in seamless contact with the Faculty.
How do we ensure that we are there with you?
- 20 months-long IAG course – Covering all aspects of the exam
- 700+ hours of instruction (400+ hours before CSPrelims-2020 and 300+ hours after CSPrelims-2020)
- Hand Holding for 2 attempts (CSE-2020 and CSE-2021)
- 30 Prelims Tests for CSP-2020 along with discussion
- Mains Enrichment Program (MEP-2020) for CSM-2020 and Prelims Test Series (PTS-2021) for CSP-2021 or Integrated Test Series (ITS-2021) for CSE-2021
STARTING FROM 17th November 2019
Following are the Unique Features of the course
Permanent faculty with Subject Expertise who lead all the components of the programme- IAG
1.Types of classes
- Concept Building
- Current Affairs
2.Techniques of Teaching
- Chunk wise coverage
- From Basics to Advanced
1.Sprint tests – Block Building Method
2.Prelims tests – Basic tests, Sectional tests, Revision tests, Subject-wise full revision tests, Simulated tests, CSAT tests numbering 30 for UPSC 2020.
3.Integrated Prelims and Mains tests (ITS) for 2021 which includes 40+ prelims and 25+ full length mains tests of 250 marks each.
6.Data analytics based prelims platform to know more click the following link
1.Technology mediated appointments with Faculty
4.Individual progress tracking
700+ hours of Classes spaced over 10 months covering each and every section of Prelims and Mains Syllabus
Classroom programme integrates:
- Basic and applied dimensions
- Current affair linkages
- Tests based on ‘Revision Readings- Answer writing sprint’ (continue reading to understand Revision readings)
Sprint answer writing
Short duration tests – Sprint Tests are held every day after the lecture. These questions are based on topics covered in the previous lecture, which Manifest calls Revision Readings.
Generally, a Revision-reading will includes: Class lecture + Class handouts + Standard sources.
For example: if a student reads the textbook on World History prior to the class, his/her attention is naturally drawn to the nitty-gritty of the events and minor battles, which hold no relevance to the thematic understanding of the topic.
If readings are done after the class, the aspirant will be efficient in reading and extracting notes out of it in addition to class lectures.
Writing answers in mains examination is an art. It demands precision, choice of expression with the right balance of both facts and analysis.
If an aspirant is suddenly pushed into answer writing in full-length tests, he/she may not be able to cope. Hence, Manifest has devised Block Building method to answer in simple language.
It is moving from:
- Before Prelims: Small length answers to large length answers
- After Prelims: Section-wise tests to a full-fledged test paper containing 20 questions
Questions will range from Basics to Interdisciplinary Level
The word inter-disciplining in UPSC has various facets to it ranging from interlinkages between subjects (for instance Geography and Science and Technology – IRNSS question last year) to intra linking within-subjects i.e., static and current part, for instance, the 15th finance commission question in 2018 Mains.
Questions for the test will be framed keeping all these in mind as Manifest believes in UPSC way of preparation!
As part of the test series component students will be provided with a total of 30 tests for prelims 2020 and will be provided Mains Enrichment Programme for 2020 if they were successful in the Prelims of 2019. In case of a miss in Prelims 2020, he/she will be given access to the integrated test series of 2021 which will continue till April of 2021. The integrated test series will include a total of 41 prelims test for 2021 and 26 mains tests for Mains of 2021.
As the needs and nature of the exam and examinee changes with every year this will help the students in being updated to the exam for UPSC 2021. If the students are willing to dedicate 2 years of their time to the exam the MANIFEST team will stand by them for 2 attempts and help them keep their best foot forward in the race to clear the exam.
The Assessment component is a meaningful part of the course and offer positive learning experience for students.
Personalised Appointment System
- Its a unique component of the programme where the Instruction and Assessment gets personalized
- This component is based on the need of students for expert guidance
- The faculty will discuss individually with the students about their roadblocks and provide them with specific inputs on the ways to overcome them
- The methods and strategies to approach the exam and effectively prepare a workable timetable according to the need of a student is provided
- Appointments are technologically mediated so that students get quality time with faculty. HOW..
- Individual oversight, which makes the faculty understand the progress and lapses of students and provide them necessary strategic inputs which can save an enormous amount of time to prepare the UPSC way
- The Guidance component of the course is a continuous process and the faculty at Manifest will be in regular touch with students even after they finish their course formally.
This unique combination of Instruction, Assessment and Guidance will put you in a position to have a good shot at UPSC. This course if integrated with dedicated and untiring efforts on students part will ensure good results.
Significance of IAG
- Continuous and unhindered guidance
- Coordination among the above components of the programme, as the same faculty who deliver the lecture will be involved in question making
- Concept-based mode of learning via tests
- The right balance between classes and tests
- The course is scheduled in the evening hours which is conducive for working professionals and students in college.
The whole course is designed and executed in a format which ensure Learning outcomes with emphasis on competencies that include application and creation of knowledge. This will help in the development of important skills and dispositions which creates an administrator like personality.
NOTE: CSAT time table and the time Table of Mains Enrichment Programme 2020 and Integrated Test Series of 2021 will be uploaded later
VISIT OUR OFFICE / CALL US ON 99644 32222 TO KNOW MORE