21 Aug 2020
- The World Economic Forum has launched a global initiative to grow, restore and conserve 1 trillion trees around the world – in a bid to restore biodiversity and help fight climate change.
Key highlights of the initiative
- It is implemented by a trillion trees organization
- The organization aims to unite governments, non-governmental organizations, businesses and individuals in a “mass-scale nature restoration“
- The organization connect funders with forest conservation ventures and inspire society to protect and restore one trillion trees by 2050
- Trillion Trees is a collaboration between three of the world’s largest conservation organizations (the Wildlife Conservation Society, The World Wildlife Foundation and Birdlife International), founded on a vision of a world where tree cover is expanding not shrinking.
- To close the gap between aspirational commitments and the reality on the ground, a dedicated team of the organization develops ideas into opportunities and connects them to funders.