28 Feb 2020
- NITI Aayog organized “Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Conclave 2020: Partnerships, Cooperation and Development of North Eastern States” in Guwahati
- NITI Aayog organized it in association with the North Eastern Council, Government of Assam, Tata Trusts, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS).
- The three-day event from 24th to 26th February 2020, took place in Assam Administrative Staff College, Guwahati and saw representations from the highest offices of all the State Governments of the North East, Central Ministries, academia, civil society and international development organizations
Role of NITI Aayog in achieving SDGs
- NITI Aayog has the mandate of overseeing the adoption and monitoring of SDGs at the national and sub-national level.
- Progress in the northeast region is crucial in this decade of action for the country to achieve the SDGs by 2030 and this conclave is part of NITI Aayog’s continuous efforts towards fostering partnerships at the sub-national level.
- In terms of SDG localization, the states in the region have taken major strides in integrating the Agenda 2030 framework in their developmental planning and vision documents.