With a view to promote sustainable agriculture and climate-resilient farming systems, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Board of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to facilitate the action research (the research carried out with the active participation of farmers to provide solutions for the challenges) and up-scaling of the various technologies and innovative farmer models developed by the ICAR that includes the successful climate-resilient practices, models and integrated and hi-tech farming practices in a participatory model through adoptive research on watershed platform.
Key highlights of the MoU
- The MoU is for taking up
- The site-specific transfer of technologies under sustainable agriculture
- Integrated farming system
- Crop intensification
- Plantation and horticulture
- Animal sciences,
- Agri-engineering, etc., including post-harvest technologies.
- Further, the ICAR through its large network will support the training and capacity building of channel partners and NABARD Officers.
- The initiative will strengthen the competence of channel partners under the promotional and developmental programmes of NABARD technology transfer under the climate-resilient agriculture, contingency and adaptation planning.
- The ICAR will also help in the impact evaluation of the NABARD assisted projects, DPR preparation for the climate change projects, farm mechanization, Agri-Incubation Centres / FPOs, and resource conservation, etc.