Source: Ministry of Labour & Employment
The Labour and Employment Secretary soft-launched SAMADHAN(Software Application for Monitoring And Disposal, Handling of Industrial Disputes) portal which is for conciliation, arbitration and adjudication of the Industrial Disputes (IDs) as defined in the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 (ID Act).
About the portal
- SAMADHAN is a dedicated Web Portal to bring all stakeholders – Government, Industry and Labour – involved in IDs on a single integrated platform.
- The Government includes three major organizations of Ministry of Labour and Employment namely Office of Chief Labour Commissioner (Central) [CLC(C)], Industrial Relations (IR) Division & Central Government Industrial Tribunal-cum-Labour Courts [CGIT-LCs].
- Initially, SAMADHAN is launched in five states viz. Chattisgarh, Delhi, Karnataka, Rajasthan & Odisha.
The main features of the Portals are the following:
- Online registration for raising Industrial Dispute by the aggrieved party
- Online submission of relevant documents
- Instant access to documents accelerating the pace of decision making
- Use of ICT tools for communication amongst stakeholders and
- Online information about the current status of the Industrial Dispute
- This initiative will usher in a new era of Industrial Relations by hassle-free and timely disposal of Industrial Disputes in a very simple, useful and transparent manner.
- With the introduction of the online Portal, the process of settling industrial disputes is simplified, standardized and streamlined, resulting into a process which will be faster and easy to monitor.
- Moreover, the Portal will ensure transparency and accountability which will make process more effective and efficient, resulting into further ease of doing business in the economy.
- This paradigm shift in the governance of Industrial Dispute statute will ensure industrial peace so that industrial growth doesn’t suffer and rights and interests of the workmen are protected.