DIKSHA is a unique initiative which leverages existing highly scalable and flexible digital infrastructures while keeping teachers at the center.
It is built considering the whole teacher’s life cycle – from the time student teachers enroll in Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs) to after they retire as teachers.
- DIKSHA will serve as National Digital Infrastructure for Teachers.
- All teachers across the nation will be equipped with advanced digital technology.
- Diksha portal will enable, accelerate and amplify solutions in the realm of teacher education.
- It will aid teachers to learn and train themselves for which assessment resources will be available.
- It will help teachers to create training content, profile, in-class resources, assessment aids, news, and announcement and connect with the teacher community.
Who can use it?
States, government bodies and even private organizations, can integrate DIKSHA into their respective teacher initiatives based on their goals, needs, and capabilities. They can use DIKSHA’s features to create:
- In-class resources
- Teacher training content
- Assessment aids
- Teacher profile
- News and announcement
- Teacher community
These features have emerged from consultations with multiple state governments, NGOs and more than 30 public and private organizations, who have collaborated in contributing to DIKSHA.
Which languages does DIKSHA support?
Currently, DIKSHA supports 10 Indian languages viz. Hindi, English, Gujarati, Bengali, Assamese, Marathi, Odia, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu, both for creating and viewing content
- Teacher Profile & Registry: Functionality to create State-level DIKSHA user profiles, with users having the flexibility to on-board anonymously, using their preferred login credentials as well as by State
- Teaching and Learning Content: Curriculum linked resources for teachers and students in an interactive and engaging format
- Content Creation Platform: Tools and platforms for creating and uploading content
- Teacher Professional Development: Contextualized digital courses for supporting teachers in their professional development
- School Leadership Development: Repository of relevant courses to help principals, vice-principals, and head of schools improve their leadership skills
- Assessments: Resources and tools for teachers, students for school-level assessments
- Innovation & Innovative Pedagogy: Sharing of best practices and experiences amongst teacher community through case studies, research papers, and innovative pedagogical practices