In consonance with the growing partnership between India and the US, the maiden India US joint Tri services Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise named ‘TIGER TRIUMPH’ is scheduled on the Eastern seaboard from 13 to 21 Nov 19.
- The nine-day humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HADR) exercise code-named ‘Tiger Triumph’ is aimed at developing interoperability between the militaries of the two countries in HADR operations
- Indian Naval ships Jalashwa, Airavat, and Sandhayak were part of the exercise and Indian Army troops from 19 Madras and 7 Guards, and Indian Air Force MI-17 helicopters and Rapid Action Medical Team (RAMT) would be participating in the exercise.
- The US was represented by US Navy ship Germantown with troops from the US Third Marine Division.
- At the HADR Exercise Area, a Joint Command and Control Centre was established jointly by the Indian Army and US Marines.
- The IAFRAMT and the US Navy Medical Team established a Medical Facility Camp for providing medical aid to victims, who would have been previously evacuated by road and air to the Camp.
- In June 2016, the US had designated India a “Major Defence Partner,” intending to elevate defence trade and technology sharing with India to a level commensurate with that of its closest allies and partners.