Source: Press Information Bureau
The 5th edition of GES 2019 is being held from 26-28 November 2019 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is an attempt towards escalating the Indian services bar in the global arena by exploring 12 Champion Services Sectors, encompassing participation from 100 countries and hosting sector-specific knowledge sessions.
To engage industry and Governments across the world and to promote greater exchange of trade in services between India and the rest of the world
Who created the GES?
Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry in association with Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has created a dedicated platform, the Global Exhibition on Services (GES) which is an annual event.
What is done under GES?
- Through GES the Government of India seeks to enhance strategic cooperation and develop synergies to strengthen multilateral relationships between all stakeholders, tap the potential for services exports and increase FDI inflow.
- GES 2019 will host focussed knowledge sessions on key Champion Services Sectors and will cater to many B2B, B2G, and B2C meetings.
- In GES 2019 SEPC is also looking to promote eSports.
- SEPC is organizing Nations Cup (International eSports Championship) in association with the Electronic Sports Federation of India (ESFI) during GES 2019. The Nations Cup will be one of the key highlights during GES and will open up multiple avenues for the services industry particularly in eSports, gaming, and animation
- An International Moot Court competition is also being organized during GES 2019 for young lawyers, who along with their seniors, will argue cases related to intellectual property rights. In this competition participants from BIMSTEC (Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal, and Bhutan) and CLMV (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam) countries are expected.
About Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC)
- SEPC is an export promotion council set up by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India in 2006 as an apex trade body to facilitate service exporters of India.
- SEPC actively contributes to the formulation of policies of the Government of India and acts as an interface between the services industry and the Government.