Source: GeM portal
GeM is a one-stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs.
GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency, and speed in public procurement. It provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users to achieve the best value for their money.
Key highlights about GeM
- GeM is a completely paperless, cashless and system driven e-marketplace that enables the procurement of common use goods and services with minimal human interface.
- Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D) with technical support of the National eGovernance Division (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) has developed GeM portal for procurement of both Products & Services.
- The portal was launched in 2016 by the Commerce & Industry Minister.
- Listing of products for individual, prescribed categories of Goods/ Services of common use
- Look, estimate, compare and buying facility on dynamic pricing basis.
- Market place buying of the majority of common User Items.
- Buying Goods and Services online, as and when required.
- Single window system for aggregating demands and ordering
- Transparency and ease of buying
- Useful for low value buying and also for bulk buying at competitive price using Reverse Auction/ e-bidding.
- Continuous vendor rating system.
- User-friendly dashboard for buying and monitoring supplies and payments
- Return policy