18 Nov 2019
Source: Press Information Bureau
The first-ever BIMSTEC Ports’ Conclave At Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh held on 7-8 November 2019. It was inaugurated by The Minister of State (I/C) for Shipping.
- The Ports’ First Conclave of BIMSTEC nations is expected to explore the possibility of increasing economic cooperation by furthering EXIM trade and coastal shipping.
- The Conclave discussed on various investment opportunities, best practices adopted for productivity and safety at Ports.
- The five-panel sessions that were held during the conclave are;
- Session on Port led Industrial and Tourism Development
- Emergent Roles of Ports in the Global Supply Chain
- Safe and Secure Ports
- Ports Services: Delivering Value
- Green Port Operations
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is is a regional organization involving a group of countries in South Asia and Southeast Asia namely, Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan, and Nepal.
- The objective of the BIMSTEC alliance was to harness trade and accelerated growth with mutual cooperation in different areas of common interest by utilizing the regional resources and geographical advantage.