25 Oct 2019
Source: Press Information Bureau
- Organizer: The Ministry of Minority Affairs organizes the Hunar Haat. It intends to provide employment opportunities to traditional culinary experts, artisans, and craftsmen.
- Themes: All the ‘Hunar Haats’ to be organised in 2019 and 2020 will be based on the theme of “Ek Bharat Shresht Bharat
- Ministry of Minority Affairs has decided to organise about 100 “Hunar Haat” in the next five years across the country to provide market and employment and employment opportunities to master artisans and culinary experts.
- The next “Hunar Haat” will be organized at North Central Zone Cultural Centre in Prayagraj (UP) from 1st to 10th November 2019
- Earlier, “Hunar Haat” had been organised at Allahabad (Sept 2018), Pragati Maidan (2016, 2017) and Baba Kharak Singh Marg (2017, 2018) at New Delhi; Puducherry (2017, 2018) and Mumbai (2017). In the coming days, “Hunar Haat” will be organized at Mumbai (December 2018), Baba Kharak Singh Marg, New Delhi (January 2019) and Goa (February 2019).
- Besides empowerment of artisans, craftsmen, and culinary experts participating in “Hunar Haat”, at least 40 to 50 people associated with these artisans are also benefited financially through “Hunar Haat”
- The artisans who participate in the event will get national and international markets for their indigenous handmade products through “Hunar Haat”.
- It has proved to be Empowerment & Employment Exchange for master artisans and craftsmen