Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme (PMILP)- ‘DHRUV’
Source: Press Information Bureau
Union Human Resource Development Minister launched a unique initiative, the Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme-DHRUV, which will act as a turning point in the lives of extraordinarily talented students, from the premises of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Headquarters at Bengaluru
To allow talented students to realize their full potential and contribute to society.
- The Programme is being started to identify and encourage talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge.
- The new ProgrammeDHRUV ’will act as a platform to explore the talent of outshining and meritorious students, and help them achieve excellence in their specific areas of interest may it be science, performing arts, creative writing, etc.
- It will cover two areas i.e. Science and Performing Arts. There will be 60 students in all, 30 from each area. The 60 students come from across the country
- The students will be broadly from classes 9 to 12, from all schools including government and private.
- The science students will be divided into 3 groups of 10 each and also the performing arts students into 3 groups of 10 each. Each group from the science stream will be required to produce a project under the mentorship of experts from the field of science.
- Similarly, each group in the performing arts will be mentored by icons from the field of culture and will be required to choreograph a programme.
- All the six teams will be given themes relevant to issues being faced globally like environment change, pollution, terrorism, etc
- This is only the first phase of the programme which will be expanded gradually to other fields like creative writing etc