21 Oct 2019
Source: Press Information Bureau
14th edition of Indo – Mongolian joint military training, Exercise Nomadic Elephant-XIV, was conducted from 05 Oct to 18 Oct 2019 at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh
- The Mongolian Army is being represented by officers and troops of the elite 084 Air Borne Special Task Battalion while the Indian Army is being represented by a contingent of a battalion of RAJPUTANA RIFLES.
- Nomadic Elephant-XIV is aimed at training troops in counter-insurgency &counter terrorism operations under United Nations mandate
- The joint training also aimed at evolving various tactical drills in counter-terror environment like Convoy Protection Drill, Room Intervention Drills, Ambush/ Counter Ambush Drills, while jointly conducting counter-terrorism operations under the UN mandate.
- The joint training will also lay emphasis on conducting operations by a cohesive subunit, comprising of troops from both the armies, in adverse operational conditions thus enhancing the interoperability between the two armies
- The Joint Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and military relations between the two nations.
- It is an ideal platform for the armies of both the nations to share their experiences & best practices and gain mutually during the joint training.