Source: Yojana Magazine
With the perspective of good governance, and keeping in line with the “Digital India” initiative of Government of India, ‘TARANG’(Transmission App for Real-Time Monitoring & Growth) Mobile App & Web Portal has been developed by RECTPCL, under the guidance of Ministry of Power.
What is it?
TARANG is a powerful monitoring tool that tracks upcoming transmission projects and monitors the progress of Inter-State & Intra-State transmission systems in the country, being developed through Regulated tariff mechanism as well as Tariff Based Competitive Bidding(TBCB) route.
Key Features of Tarang
- It provides details of upcoming Inter-State/Intra State transmission systems. power TRANSmission COmpanies (TRANSCOs) can upload their NITs on Portal to take advantage of having larger participation and competitive bids
- It also provides Status of transmission systems underbidding for the selection of a developer for ISTS through the Tariff Based Competitive Bidding(TBCB) route.
- It is helpful in obtaining updated construction progress (cumulative and monthly) as well as details of completed transmission systems during the year and in a particular month
- Following details can be obtained from Tarang
- Details of Transmission System completed in the ongoing financial year
- Details of delayed/stalled projects
- Detail of Green energy corridor.
- All stakeholders have separate login access to Tarang portal through which they can generate various MIS reports of underbidding, under construction, completed and delayed projects
Benefits of App/ Portal
- All transmission projects being implemented in the country would be in the public domain, which would further enhance accountability and transparency in the Transmission Sector.
- Prior information about upcoming transmission sector projects would ensure wider participation and fair competition in the transmission sector.
- Real-time monitoring of transmission projects undergoing the Tariff Based Competitive Bidding(TBCB) route.
- Effective monitoring of undergoing transmission works, which would further ensure faster completion
- Separate tracking of delayed/stalled projects, ensuring resolution of pending issues and expeditious implementation.
About REC Transmission Projects Company Limited (RECTPCL)
- It was incorporated in January’2007 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (a Government of India Enterprise) with the objective to promote, organize or carry on the business of consultancy services and/or project implementation in any field of activity relating to transmission and distribution of electricity in India or abroad.
- RECTPCL has been mandated as Bid Process Coordinator (BPC) by the Ministry of Power, GoI for selection of the developer as Transmission Service Provider for Inter-State Transmission Projects (ISTP) through Tariff Based Compeve Bidding process. From time to time, the Ministry of Power, GoI allocates new transmission projects to the BPC.