9 Oct 2019
Source: PIB & JVMP website
- It was approved in 2017 for the capacity augmentation of navigation on National Waterways-I.
- JVMP is being implemented with the financial and technical support of the World Bank.
- The Project is expected to be completed by March 2023.
- The project entails the development of fairway with 3 meters depth between Varanasi and Haldia (Phase-I) covering a distance of 1380 km
- The following sub-projects of this Project have commenced:
- Construction of Phase – I (A) of the multimodal terminal at Varanasi
- Construction of Phase – I of the multimodal terminal at Sahibganj
- Construction of new navigation lock at Farakka
- Other components are;
- Fairway Development
- Construction of the multi-modal terminal at Haldia.
- Construction of an inter-modal terminal at Kalughat.
- Construction of an inter-modal terminal at Ghazipur.
- Provision of navigational aids.
- Construction of five pairs of Roll on-Roll off (Ro-Ro) terminals.
- Construction of Integrated Ship Repair and Maintenance Complexes.
- Provision of River Information System (RIS) and Vessel Traffic Management System (VTMS)
- Bank Protection works