Source: National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC)
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Department of Government of India has introduced Mahila Samridhi Yojana for providing loans to women entrepreneurs.
Objective of the scheme
To provide Microfinance to women entrepreneurs belonging to the target group.
- Women belonging to the Backward Classes as notified by Central / State Govt. from time to time and living below double the poverty line.
- The annual family income of the women is fixed as Rs.3.00 Lakh
- In a SHG 60% of members can be from Backward Classes and remaining 40% members may be from other weaker section like SC/Handicapped/Minorities etc.
- The beneficiary women is not required to invest any amount of her own on the projects upto cost of Rs.2,00,000/-.
- The rate of interest on the amount of loan is less as compared to the general loan scheme of the Corporation.
- Maximum loan limit per SHG : Rs.15.00 Lakh
- Maximum loan limit per beneficiary : Rs.1,00,000/-
- Maximum number of women in one SHG : 20
Loan is to be repaid in quarterly instalments within 4 Years (including the moratorium period of six months on the recovery of principal).
The scheme is to be implemented by Channel Partners in rural and urban areas by way of financing the women beneficiaries either directly or through Self-Help Groups (SHGs).