17 Jul 2019
Source: Press Information Bureau (Budget 2019)
- Approach shift from women-centric-policy making to women-led initiatives and movements.
- A Committee proposed with Government and private stakeholders for moving forward on Gender budgeting.
- Women SHG interest subvention program proposed to be expanded to all districts.
- Overdraft of Rs. 5,000 to be allowed for every verified woman SHG member having a Jan Dhan Bank Account.
- One woman per SHG to be eligible for a loan up to Rs. 1 lakh under MUDRA Scheme