OPEN SESSION ON 10th JUNE at 10:00 AM
NOTE:Tests will be evaluated for those writing in Kannada medium as well.
- Total 16 full length General Studies tests and 4 full length Essay papers.
- Detailed discussion on the same day of the test by respective subject experts.
- Total 12 quality improvement and current affairs sessions.
- Answer and essay writing strategy sessions in the begining of the course for two days.
- One-to-one guidance for individual feedback and approach.
- Total 90 days programme.
FEES: Rs.21,500/- (incl. GST)
The time between Prelims and Mains is too short to even think, leave aside strategizing! The traditional way of preparing by aspirants has usually been taking multiple number of tests! If for a moment, we ponder the basic question that crops up is whether an aspirant will be able to cover the entire syllabus of Mains and also tackle the challenging questions in Mains through writing just 300 questions in the test series? A reasoned answer for this is sure NO. What should then be the best strategy which would cover all topics of Mains with intensive answer writing practice? The answer for this lies in the preparation which provides a right combination of tests and strategic inputs with respect to the higher dimension of topics(not available in standard textbooks) and current affairs linkages to those topics. MANIFEST TEAM has come up with an initiative which inculcates all these ideas through the Mains Enrichment Programme(MEP) which will begin on 10-June-2019.
Mains Enrichment Programme(MEP) is a holistic course of nearly 90 days which includes the following components :
Component 1 – Tests and evaluation
Component 2 – Test discussion
Component 3 – Quality improvement classes
Component 4 – Personalized inputs on evaluated scripts through appointments.
Component 5 – 5 days Answer Writing Spree in the penultimate stage.
Component 6 – Essay Writing
Component 1 – Tests
- There will be a total of 16 tests with evaluation and 5 tests in the Answer Writing Spree. In total 21 tests!
- The tests are spaced in a manner taking into account the needs of the students and the weightage of the topics in UPSC. For example, the component of Art and Culture and World History which is usually a problematic area for students will be given sufficient preparation time.
- Clubbing of similar disciplines is done like History and Society to build theme wise integration.
- Clear bifurcation of topics within a subject based on themes. For example, Ethics has been neatly categorized into four different themes: Philosophical Aspects, Aspects related to Psychology and Decision Making, Aspects related to Administration and finally issues related to Ethics in the Economy.
- Questions will range from basics to interdisciplinary. The word inter-disciplining in UPSC has various facets to it varying from interlinkages between subjects (for instance Geography and Science and Technology – IRNSS question last year) and also within subjects i.e., static and current part, for instance, the 15th finance commission question in 2018 Mains. Questions for a test will be framed keeping all these in mind as Manifest believes in UPSC way of preparation!
The evaluation is a three-stage process
- The first stage is based on Part Wise and Detailed Evaluation of the scripts wherein the question and answer is broken down into subcomponents and marked accordingly. Which helps the students to understand their own strengths and weaknesses in each part. For example, if part wise marking is not done a student will be left in the dark about which parts he/she is weak in and why he/she has been given fewer marks for a particular question. Part Wise Marking brings scientific assessment to the process of evaluation. To better understand the importance of part wise marking refer to Manifest Vlog.
- The second stage involves the evaluation of the student overall performance in the examination wherein inputs will be given on ways to improve the attempt rate and the places to cut down in order to optimize the overall performance as in UPSC mains speed of answer writing and intelligent decisions during the examination on the questions to attempt make a huge difference in final marks of an aspirant.
- The third stage of evaluation is done with the specific subject faculty through appointments which will be explained in Component 4.
Component 2 – Test Discussion
- Test discussion will be done by the faculty- Subject Expert on the same day
- Test answers will be discussed in Part wise format (to understand click here)
- The discussion will be limited to 20 questions wherein detail explanations of each question will be given.
- Varied kind of introductions and conclusions will be given so as to ensure each student’s innovativeness. Brainstorming technique will be used to generate these parts.
- Body component will include a mix of precise factual details and analysis.
- There will not be any standardised synopsis for the question papers.
- We believe in test discussion to effectively groom the candidates to tackle Upsc in a meaningful and right way
Component 3 – Quality Improvement Classes
This is the unique aspect of the programme where the programme goes beyond the test series component. This aspect includes
- Two classes at the beginning of the programme on General Answer writing approach(How GS answers differ from optional answers) and General approach to Essay writing (How Essay writing differs from GS and optional).
- Inputs on the answers of students with a broad discussion on Do’s and Don’ts in the exam.
- Approaches to answer writing in specific subjects with the methods for effective presentation of answers. For example Timeline based answers in history and the need and methods of integrating pictorial representations in Geography.
- Higher dimensions (not available in standard textbooks) on the topics of the last test. For example, Review petition or Review petition hearing which is in news owing to Sabarimala judgment is a probable question this year but is not covered in Laxmikanth which is a standard text for Polity. For more details refer this link
- Current Affairs linkages on topics of the last test will be provided. Even in a subject like History, current linkages will be done for example World War 1 Centenary observation in 2019 makes it a probable topic for this year.
Component 4 – Personalized Appointment System
- This component is based on the needs of students for expert guidance with respect to various aspects of the exam.
- Here the faculty will discuss with the students about their roadblocks and provide them specific inputs on the ways to overcome them.
- The methods, strategies to approach the exam and effectively prepare a workable timetable according to the need of a student is provided during this one on one discussion.
- Appointments are technologically mediated so that students get quality time with faculty without wasting time waiting for them. To know more click this link
Component 5 – Answer Writing Spree
- This component is implemented in the penultimate stage of the course just before UPSC Mains for 5 days.
- The answer writing spree will break the inhibitions and mental block of students and keep them in the loop of answer writing as they usually face a mental block in the first paper in the final exam. This will place them in the right groove to face the examination.
- In this component, the number of questions given in the exam and the time period of the exam is varied to make students comfortable with any unforeseen changes in the format made in the final UPSC.
- These papers will not be evaluated and the questions will be based on the topics dealt in Quality Improvement classes.
Component 6 – Essay
The essay component has a class on a genralized approach to essay writing and a detailed method of Brainstorming, Prioritizing and building narrrative.There will be a total of 4 essay tests along with 3 rounds of evaluation as stated above. Personalized inputs will be given through evaluation. The tests will be designed in the UPSC pattern i.e, 8 essays divided into two sections wherein the students have to select one from each section. The essay component is aimed at fine tuning the essay and give the extra edge to the student.
This approach and strategy will give a good shot for an aspirant to clear the mains examination.
LIMITED SEATS TO MAINTAIN ADEQUATE TUTOR:PUPIL RATIO
VISIT OUR OFFICE / CALL US ON 99644 32222 TO KNOW MORE
You can pay/transfer the fees and mail us the reference number and screenshot of transaction along with your full name and contact details to email@example.com or WhatsApp or Telegram it to 9964432222 with your email id. Account details given below:
FEES: Rs.21,500/- (incl. GST)
Beneficiary name: MANIFEST IAS
AXIS Bank account number: 918020111873186